The first theatre in Dublin large enough to take full-scale opera, ballet and touring musicals, Grand Canal Theatre opened in March 2010 with The Russian State Ballet performing Swan Lake. Designed by world renowned architect Daniel Libeskind, this 2,111 capacity, purpose built theatre is an outstanding addition to Ireland’s theatre world. Its facilities will accommodate touring West End and Broadway productions, as well enabling the staging of drama, concerts and family shows which until now have not found a venue in Ireland.
Unusual designed, manufactured and installed:
- Counterweight flying system comprising 62 sets
- 7 x motorised flying bars
- Motorised forestage rigging system for lighting, speakers and surtitle systems
- Travelling beam system for chain hoist secondary suspension
- Fire curtain 16m x 11m
- Motorised house curtain
- Adjustable proscenium
- Integrated control system
- Dual orchestra pit elevator equipment
- Seating wagons
- Front of house mixer elevator.
Download project profile pdf